Matthew 16

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fan into Flames!




Arise and Shine! For your light has come, and the Glory of the Lord has risen upon YOU! (Isaiah 60:1) TODAY is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it! (Psalm 118:24)


Morning ladies! I woke up this morning feeling so encouraged and refreshed from our Highlands College Wives small group last night and our time together. I am so thankful to Mrs. Cindy Wilingham for being able to come and pour Jesus into us. This morning I was reflecting on some of the encouraging things that she spoke to us, and the importance of keeping those stories in the forefront of out minds. As a mom and wife, it is easy to feel like the coal that has been removed from the fire. The desire to "retreat" comes upon me often. The "couch campus" beckons my name weekly, as I find myself worn out from day to day activities.


Fellowship is key to restoring the soul, and calling your Spirit into alignment with your body. Without it, we are a burnt out coal. With it, we are a refreshed and thriving (burning) spirit, operating out of the overflow of Jesus and His love for us. Everything we do as wives and mothers is so intentional, yet the time we abide in the Lord is often the first to go! The bible says that bc we walk in the light (Jesus) we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus then covers our sins. (1 Jn 1:7). So you see, when you Abide (remain) in Jesus and in fellowship, you are renewed and washed by His blood! AMAZING!

My challenge to myself and each of you this next three weeks is to be intentional about remaining in our deep relationship with the Lord on a daily basis. I am not talking about your to- do list with Jesus, conversations with friends or even watching more sermons. I am referring to being still, and having a very intimate conversation with the Lord daily. I never feel more loved, as I do when Brian and I have a deep conversation and interaction where I KNOW without a doubt, I have his full attention.....and he enjoys talking with me! I love going beyond the checklist of "Honey, how was your day"? It is intimate, deep and restores me as a wife to feel like I am being heard!
With that said, Does God not want and deserve the same?

We also discussed the role of mentoring, and what that may look like. I want you to know that I am praying for each of you in this area. As Bre said.... YOU ALL HAVE BEEN CHOSEN! What you do with that is up to you. I love that Cindy charged us to "load our tool belts". When you do find yourself in a counseling or mentoring situation...you will be squeezed, and you don't want to find yourself coming up empty on the inside.
What you put in, will come out....if that is nothing....then expect nothing when pressed!

The bible says "Every place whereon the sole of your foot shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness, and Lebanon, from the river, even unto the hinder sea shall be your border" (Deuteronomy 11:24)

The word "tread" in the Greek translation is Darak- which means "to load your weapons" or "to war". So you see, we have been chosen...and if you want your calling to be fulfilled, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT! How bad do you want it, and are you willing to do what it takes to get it? If you want God given authority in a certain area of your life (mentoring), then start now loading your weapons! The bible says that the Word of God is a weapon.

" For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword. It divides soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." ( Hebrews 4:12)



So for the next three weeks...Abide in the Lord, stay connected to the flame, and load your weapons Ladies! Make today count.

Blessings!
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I just read this in the One Year Bible devotional for today:

    You must not get more interested in the work of God than in the God of the work! Spending time with God provides a continual recharging of your spiritual battery. As you fellowship with Him, you are able to both listen to His direction and continually enjoy His presence.

    This goes right along with what we were talking about! How awesome is it when God uses multiple ways to speak to us and get the point across. There is no question it is a Word from Him. We need to spend time with Him daily and we need to worship together to recharge our batteries to be able to do the work he has called us to do. I love you ladies & am so glad we get to share in this journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Liz!!!
    I wanted to share a quick story.. Last night I got a wild hair and messaged a friend of mine in Nashville who has a mentoring ministry called G.L.A.M and asked her opinion on some Mentoring material (blogs, books etc.) and I also posted both on Facebook and Twitter really wanting to get some serious input!!! What I got was so unexpected..... Amanda in Nashville responded with I have Amazon'd you 4 books and you should have them on Friday! God is so good!!!!! I wasnt asking for a handout but God provided what I needed!!!

    ReplyDelete