Matthew 16

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Making a List and Checkin' it twice!"


" You have not, because you ask not.." James 3:4

Sometimes I feel that my needs, wants, problems and even wishes are so small and microscopic compared to the gift that God gave me in his Son, Jesus Christ. Therefore, I think "who am I to ask God for what I need" and "well, I don't have to ask...because he already knows my every thought." It is true that the same God that numbered the very hairs on our head, also knows our needs better than we know ourselves.

" Your Father knows what you need before you ask him." Matthew 6:8

So why ask? I believe that something powerful occurs when we directly seek God and reveal to him what our needs are. I know this to be true because I have watched it take place over the past few weeks. When you go to God and ask him to meet a need, you are showing God that you recognize that He is the one and only true supply to meet our every need. First and foremost, you must have a little thing called FAITH!!!

But Jesus said, "Someone did touch Me, for I was aware that power had gone out of Me."The woman saw that she couldn't hide. Trembling, she quickly bowed in front of him. There, in front of all the people, she told why she touched him and how she was cured at once. And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace." Luke 8:46-48

I recently heard a message that opened my eyes and powerfully changed my perspective on this topic. It was baffling to me to think that I might be having needs that are not met simply because I do not ask. It was even more scary to think that people that I care for and love deeply....might be missing out because of my failure to pray!!!

I want to encourage you to evaluate what needs you may be having and put them down on paper. Study God's word and find passages that support that in which you are seeking. With Thanksgiving and prayer, seek God faithfully and in confidence daily. Ask him for provision over the desires of your heart. It is also helpful and pleasing to God to find someone that will come in agreement with you over your needs and pray over them daily on your behalf. ("For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them..." Matthew 18:20).

"Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us." 1 John 3:21-23

"Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

Don't ever feel as though your wants are too insignificant to take before God's throne! Don't wait! Make your list, and God won't have to check it twice!

To God be the Glory!

Kristen


2 comments:

  1. Well said. There is something very awesome about asking for something for someone else and seeing it come to pass. Its like giving and receiving at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind thoughts in the passing of my Grandfather!!! Great view on a subject that people don't think about a lot!!! God is great!!! Very encouraging, and you can never have enought of that!!! God bless you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete