Matthew 16

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Burn Baby Burn!

The definition of FIREWORKS:

1.An exciting or spectacular display, as of musical virtuosity.
2.A device consisting of a combination of explosives and combustibles, set off to generate colored lights, smoke, and noise for enjoyment.



In the midst of my darkest hours, I felt as though I would erupt into a fiery display of rage. In fact, I wanted to highlight the hurt and anger I was feeling on the inside. During that time I allowed myself to become distracted by the noise, lost in the wilderness and broken. At that point I cried out to my God begging him not to leave me, not to forsake me. He answered.

" This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, ' The Lord is our God.' " ~ Zec 13:9


When I was willing to expose my struggles out in the light and hand them over to God, he stepped out into the light and reached for them...and for the first time, I saw his face.

" Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty. ~ Mal 3:7

What I know now, is that God was challenging my weaknesses. He gave you and I the capability to choose him out of our own will. He patiently waits wanting to rescue us, but it is our delay that pains him further. He is a God of compassion for his children, not a dictator.

" This day I call Heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death. Now choose life, so that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give your fathers, Abraham, Issaac and Jacob." ~Deu 30:19-20


When he finished refining me, he bent down and ignited my spirit causing it to rage with a burning passion and thirst for him. His love poured out like a raging flood over me, leaving me refreshed. His wind wrapped around me wrapping me in his seal of protection. love. A love far greater than ANY love I have ever or will ever know. Now that his power is made perfect in my weakness, like a firework......he is ready to set me off ...creating a light to shine in a world of darkness.

" They overcame the adversary by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death." ~ Revelations 12: 11

Today we have been called to return to our first love....Him! He is anxiously awaiting our return, and ready to ignite our spirit and set us free!

Be Blessed!
Kristen

4 comments:

  1. Well said and so true!!! I think this is one of the hardest things for Christians to do in todays world, because we tend to rely on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen-

    Your posts are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam- Thanks so much. I couldn't agree with you more. We make it so hard on ourselves! BTW I have really been enjoying your blog!

    Tiffany- You are so sweet. Thanks for reading them and for the encouragment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen!!
    you have a such a God given talent every time I read your post I get chills all over my body!It's as though you really put your heart and soul into your writing which in return is what people are so looking for that vulnerablilty that lies within us all.... people are just to prideful to show the truth... but you are one of the chosen few that protrays it so you can help others.. keep doing what you are doing you are making a wonderful difference in lives of many people that you probably don't even know!!

    ReplyDelete