Matthew 16

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hey! Can somebody get me a Hearing Aid?

Disclaimer: Give this post a chance. The story might be very different from the cover.....
Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a Friend, as a friend
As an old enemy

Take you time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest, as a friend
As an old

memoria, memoria
memoria, memoria

Come doused in mud, soaked in bleach
As I want you to be
As a trend, As a friend
As an old

memoria, memoria
memoria, memoria

And I swear that I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun

Memoria, memoria

As I was running today, the same music I always listen to started to sound quite differently. Ever since Nirvana catapulted to fame in the early 90's with the release of his second album Nevermind, I have always felt a eerily strange connection to his music. Even though I was just a young girl at the time, I vividly remember his death on April 5, 1994 rocking my little world. BUT today...as I listen to his words-- I hear a much different song. A song reminding me of two things: One- God uses the most unlikely of vessels to carry his message (yes, even Kurt Cobain). Two- He doesn't care what you have done or where you have been...he loves his children REGARDLESS.

NIRVANA- An ideal condition of rest, harmony, stability, or joy. I am sure there is much irony within that definition. I typed out below what I heard today in place of my old familiar favorite.


Come now as you are, I don't care where you have been
Come as I know you can be
As a friend, Yes I am your friend!
Why do you insist I am your enemy

Take your time, but don't wait too long
I have given you the choice, I have been waiting
In me you will find rest, In me your friend
Don't worry about your past, it is an old

memory, memory
memory, memory

Come to me right where you are. Dirty and unclean.
You have tried to clean things your way..soaking yourself in bleach
This is how I want you to be, see because now you need me
You have lived like many others as a trend, As your friend I can set you free
Let's make your past an old

Memory, Memory
memory, memory

And I swear that I don't have a gun
Know that I came to protect you, not harm you
Know that I came to set you free so that by me you could have life not death
Know that I am the truth, the light and the way
Know that through me you are set free
Making your past an old

Memoria


" For he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes" Psalm 54: 7

Feel free to check out the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOL5cpwTkes

Till the wind moves me,

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Look at you just blogging away! I LOVE The Shack... AND I run to music that others might not put in the "inspirational" category. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete