Matthew 16

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Morning cup of Joe- food for thought



This post today is for my dear friends, and those that I may not know, who are struggling with their current job. I don't have enough fingers on my hand to count the number of people I know that are personally struggling with work related issues such as dealing with co-workers, loss of a job and/or their current place of work. We are currently in a disturbing time where hope is quickly diminishing, and jobs are as fleeting as the wind. Many probably feel that they should sit quietly and endure for fear of having no job at all. The old saying comes to mind "something is better than nothing at all." I however say "Maybe not."

I have been there not too long ago. I found myself desperately searching for a hand to reach out and grab me. A hand to pull me up and out of the sinking hole I was falling deeper into. I know what it feels like to feel so off the shoreline, disoriented not even knowing which way leads to out. I know what it feels like to have nothing left to give, yet some how people continued to take from me. I know what it feels like to have every ounce of joy stolen from deep within. I know what it feels like to feel stuck, and unable to push back the tears daily (trust me..I know). I know how pressure feels when it is so thick you can't breath .More than all the above....I know that God will make a way out if you put your trust in him. I know that if you can be still and know that he is God, his plans for you will far exceed those you are are making for yourself. In the end, he will justify the means it took to get you there! I am reminded that if God is for us, then who can be against us!


" Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." ~ Psalm 46:10


It is my personal belief that when you start to become hopeless...you are chartering in a dangerous territory. Sometimes the storms and waves that we face will cause us to drift far from where we are supposed to be...its a natural tendency. Once that happens...despair and bitterness set in, and you just want to give up or check out. It is normal. Please don't let this be you.

If anyone reading this feels an ounce of what I have described above please know that there is hope and there is a purpose. I encourage you to surround yourself with people during this time of confusion that will pour life into you. In the midst of my storm, I was fortunate enough to have a handful of solid life-giving relationships that I help to establish (some of which God used to help lift me up and out to place me on solid ground). For them (hopefully they know who they are) I am eternally grateful!!!!!I also found much encouragement in the book of Job from the bible. I always thought it was ironic how I ended up turning to the book of Job anytime I found myself stressed about my Job! Don't be too overwhelmed to turn to the bible and read of what those before us endured, and where they found their strength. Be encouraged by those who also reached the breaking point like Job, and the Apostle Paul.

Funny side bar (actually not too funny)... I think that most people (perhaps even some Christians) think that the bible and the people in it are all fictional characters with fictional life experiences. Simply put...NOT TRUE! The bible and Christianity are one of the few, if not the only, foundations of real life accounts from real people that is still relevant today.

For me, I find that when so much is taken out of me....I need that much more poured in to keep me afloat. Communicate with God to develop your plan, lean on your life-giving friends (use them as a resource and support) and above all..... keep the FAITH!!!


"faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see." ~ Hebrews 11:1


Still to this day, I am trying to understand what I was supposed to learn from my own situation. If nothing else...I know that I am supposed to share it with you. It is my hope that you can draw a source of encouragement from it.


Be Blessed!

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Tarayn called me yesterday and read me your entire blog post over the phone. It really hit home with both of us. Thanks for your words!

    ReplyDelete